MSc MicroBiology Course Admission 2021
Outline (MSc Microbiology)
- Microbiology is a higher level course, aimed for biology majors who want to expand their knowledge of the microscopic world. The major themes are classification, uses of microorganisms and microorganism in disease.
- Microbiology is an integral part of many different scientific studies, such as clinical, immunology, genetics, molecular biology, biochemistry, medicine, agriculture, ecology, industrial processes and many more.
- Microorganisms are minute living things that are individually too small to be seen with the naked eye. The term includes bacteria, microscopic fungi (yeasts and molds), protozoans, microscopic algae, prions and viruses. Microorganisms can be associated with many diseases, infections and inconveniences such as AIDS, pimples, and spoiled food. However, the majority of microorganisms make vital contributions to the world's inhabitants. They maintain the balance of chemicals and living organisms in the global environment. For example, the algae and cyanobacteria found in the oceans and waters of the globe are the major source of oxygen for living things. In many places microorganisms are the basis for the food chain. They help to recycle chemical elements in the land and water. Microorganisms also have been used for commercial benefits. Cultured microorganisms can be used to synthesize products more cheaply than they can be manufactured by other means (biotechnology). Microorganisms have also been used to produce products that have "always" been a part of our lives, such as vinegar, wine, sauerkraut, pickles, beer, green olives, soy sauce, buttermilk bread, cheese, and yoghurt, to name a few.
- Course Description: AIPH University provides a holistic learning environment where students, teachers and facilitators drawn from various academic disciplines can enrich one another with their diverse domain expertise and experience
Provides mentorship and knowledge transfer from members of faculty who have rich experience in the field of microbiology
Learning activities will include reading and evaluation scientific papers, learning basic Microbiological techniques, imparts hands-on training by exposing students to clinical microbiological practical identifying unknown bacteria, answering questions in lecture and writing scientific papers.
Laboratory/Library Facilities: There is a well-equipped M.Sc. Practical Laboratory with Digital Weighing Balance, Laminar Air-flow, Compound Microscope with LED illumination, Bacteriological Incubator, Water bath, Distillation Unit, Autoclave, Digital pH Meter, Hot Air Oven, Bactec 9050, PCR, Deep freezer -20 degree, Deep freezer -70, Deep freezer -80, Gel Electrophoresis unit, Vortex Machine, Hot plate, centrifuge, UV- Transiluminator and other necessary facilities. A Library exists that holds text/reference books relevant to the course curriculum.
- A student shall be eligible to apply for admission to Microbiology course if he/she has completed a 3 years bachelor’s degree in life science subjects from a recognized institution/university.
- Students appearing in the final qualifying examination may also apply. They are required to submit their qualifying degree certificate at the time of final admission.
- While fillig up the online application form the students who are appearing in the final qualifying examination, may give the marks/ CGPA of the last Semester for which the result has been published.
- The selection of the eligible candidates for admission to Microbiology program will be based on career marks and performance in the entrance examination.
One time Admission Fees Rs. 10000/-
Master of Science (Applied Microbiology) is a full time 2 years course
Selection is based on the academic credentials and performance in the Common Entrance Test
For further queries please contact:
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: 7205074656 / 9938213237
|Online Application fees is Rs. 500/- (For SC/ST Application fees is Rs. 300/-)|
|Instruction for online application|
|Step-I: Make payment by clicking on the link given in the admission form|
|Step-II: Fill the form|
|Step-III: Upload the documents|
|a) Scanned Photograph: (File size not more than 100KB)|
|b) Scanned Signature: (File size not more than 50KB)|
|c) Scanned Last Educational Mark Sheet: (File size not more than 200KB)|
|d) Payment Receipt|
For Further Information
2934 Nageswar Tangi